Friday, April 4, 2014

The Week That Was

Another week has come and gone. We ended our discussion on The Hot Zone on Monday. I would say, based on the student's reactions and their discussions, this was a favorite topic. I am not sure it necessarily has to do with the Ebola Virus or the medical symptoms shown by its victims. On Tuesday, we began talking about Dr, Martin Luther King, Jr.'s letter from the Birmingham Jail. Though I would have thought this would a better know and understood topic, I have discovered that many of the students know little about the Civil Rights Movement and did not know that Dr. King wrote and gave many other speeches, so we have began some interesting discussions and sharing experiences. I am looking forward to the rest of the month. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment